Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I still love my spiders but ...

[updated November 2015]

This blog is temporarily silent. I still adore my spiders and go out and watch them every night.

The research that I did for my PhD and now as an Honorary Research Associate at La Trobe University, Melbourne, has taken over my life. The book of that research has been published by Cambridge University Press. It's all about the way non-literate cultures memorise huge amounts of rational knowledge and why this explains the purpose of monuments such as Stonehenge, the great houses of Chaco Canyon in New Mexico and the mound site of Poverty Point in Louisiana. I have just been awarded an Arts Victoria grant to write about my research for the general reader expanding on the memory methods and the archaeology sites.  That book will be published by Allen & Unwin in Australia in July 2016. Atlantic Books will publish the UK edition.

Please come and read more on my website and blog.


So I now have far less time for spiders than I would like. But I still adore them and watch them all I can.  I will be back blogging my spiders when the new book is finished.


Lynne Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I'm sad your spider blog is no more. It was one of my favorite little corners of the internet. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kaldari. Your comment is very much appreciated. My problem is that there are only 24 hours in the day and it is all so interesting.

      Thank you again,
      Lynne

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete